Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jeremy has been immortalized via Penny Arcade

*crickets*

Yes. I'm still around. I really don't like blogging as much. Plus whenever I'm on the internets, I'm mostly at work, you know, working. When I get home, I find myself occupied doing other things. But life is good.

Anyways, back to the epic topic at hand.

If you haven't caught Monday's (06/16/08) Penny Arcade, then please read what Tycho wrote. Basically over the weekend Gabe & Tycho were at Darkmoon Faire: Seattle. It's a convention/tournament for the World of Warcraft : Trading Card Game (WoW TCG). Since my boyfriend and I play the TCG and there were many chances to win cool prizes, we went.

[A quick backstory to give more information:

Jeremy and I have been playing the WoW TCG for over a year now. We have a pretty decent understanding of it and what not. Being also PA fans, we noticed Gabe & Tycho started getting into the TCG. Throughout the past conventions of PAX & Sakura Con, we would have Gabe sign any of the cards he had done the art for. Soon Gabe & Tycho would know us at the couple who play the WoW TCG. I had no problem with that.

So last Sakura Con 2008, we go to the Penny Arcade booth in the exhibition room to do our usual get things signed and talk a bit to Gabe & Tycho. We start talking about the TCG and Tycho asks for some advice on his druid deck. We were surprised that he was having difficulties, but we gladly gave him some good advice on how to play his deck and what he was doing incorrectly. Heck, the next day of Sakura Con we brought him an example deck of what he was asking for. So, Gabe was pretty happy and was thinking of many different ideas of how to improve his deck. ]

Fast forward back to the weekend. So Darkmoon Faire had a competition called "Gunslinging" in which you would compete against Gabe's druid deck and if you defeated him, you won a Leeroy Jenkins T-shirt. For those who live under a rock and don't know who Leeroy Jenkins is, click here and familiarize yourself with epic lulz.

So Jeremy goes and challenges Gabe in attempts to get the phat loots and uses his warlock deck:


Jeremy won. In fact he won so hardcore that Gabe & Tycho decided to create a tale of in their comic:


It pretty much went down like that. However instead of Gabe writing "Go FUCK the Devil in HELL!", he instead wished cancer upon Jeremy. It was pretty hilarious. After getting the cool shirt, Jeremy of course asked Gabe to sign it:
.

I could not stop laughing at this.

So come Monday. I'm at work, looking forward to the new Penny Arcade to see what they said about Darkmoon Faire. Sometimes their comic goes up before the news. When I first saw the comic, I was in shock. I was thinking to myself, "There is no way this is about Jeremy, but this is what pretty much happened." I immediately call Jeremy and tell him this. He was 90% sure it was about his match with him. Only thing we needed to confirm it was to wait for the news post. Sure enough, the news post confirmed it.

We were floored. I know there are far many grander thing in life that give more prestige to a person, however for geeks, this is truly fucking epic. Not only was this comic hilarious, it was about something that happened to us. Well Jeremy, but shit I was there. :P

Having to be included in a Penny Arcade strip is, pun totally intended plus a BILLION points in geek cred.

Yes, Jeremy and I have already ordered copies of this print. We will be having Gabe sign it at PAX 08.

So yeah, all in all, it was a good weekend and a good Monday.

/flex geek muscle

No comments: