Friday, February 23, 2007

bye bye chocolate ; _ ;

So I totally forgot that 02/21/07 was Ash Wednesday. Me being a Catholic and all. LOL. I'm don't really even consider myself a Catholic. More of less I'm Christian, that chooses to not go to church. But anways..

I got a text message from Tera telling me she's giving up alcohol for Lent. That's pretty tough for her considering she's become quite the party girl, however, I know she has the strength and determination to do so.

That got me thinking, should I give up something for Lent? I thought about this a throughout the day yesterday, and when I went to go see Jeremy, I told him about it. I then told him I was considering giving up sex for Lent. You know that whole "40 Days/40 Nights" movie with Josh Hartnett. ^^ Of course my expected reaction from him to this proposal was quite humorous. He was like "umm.. NO.. Hell no." LOL

Of course I was only joking. :P

But anyways, I propose that even though he's not really religious, we both give up something together for Lent. After much consideration of things we indulge in a lot and things that we can really try to do without and more than likely accomplish, I have chosen to give up chocolate for lent and for Jeremy, peanut butter.

This will be quite difficult for both of us, since we are both avid daily eaters of such delectible delights. However, I think through positive encouragement and determination we can do it. As a treat on Easter Sunday, I have ordered a 6 oz chocolate covered peanut butter egg for Jeremy as a gift in hopes he will accomplish this goal.

So yeah. No chocolate till Easter. That's April 8th. *sigh* This is gonna be rough. I already gave away all the chocolate type treats in my desk to coworkers. For my chocolate substitute, I'll be getting other various snacks such as fruits, nuts, yogurt etc. I'm sure they will tide me over, however there will be times when I will crave chocolate so badly I might have to slit a few throats to do so. ^^;; (Lord, give me strength during those times)

But yeah. Actually as a leeway because we both still have chocolate/peanut butter products at home, Jeremy and I won't officially start till this upcoming Sunday. So technically I have all day today and tomorrow to indulge in chocolate, however I'll try not to, too much.

But here goes, "The Epic Quest of No Chocolate for Ro" has commenced.

Wish me luck.

No comments: