Tuesday, February 20, 2007

updates, anniversary, cell phone, vday, what not

Yeah I havne't updated in a while. I've been meaning too, just got caught up in work and whenever I'm home, I don't feel like blogging. When I'm at home, blogging is the last thing I want to do.

But anyways some stuff going on:

Cell phone:

Verizon is my cell phone provider and a few weeks ago was the date I got to upgrade my phone to a newer one with discount. From what it said on my account info, I was only gonna get a $50 discount, because I started my account like 5 days after a cut-off date of getting $100 off. It was teh suck, but regardless I was gonna get a discount.

So a few Sundays ago, I was out with Jeremy & my parents. We went to eat lunch, and run errands. I go to Verizon and tell them I want to upgrade my phone. I find out I get a $100 discount for some reason, regardless woot! I had my eyes set on the new Motorola KRZR Fire phone. It was cool looking and it was a pretty red. ^_^ So I get that phone and with the $50 mail in rebate it was pretty much a free phone, just paid for accessories like bluetooth head set and car charger. The KRAZR seemed like a decent phone at the time, however I wished I would have looked at the phone more and the features they had to offer.

My orginial phone is a LG-6100. A great phone IMO. Very customizable for ringtones, txt tones, picture ID etc. The KRAZR, so not that easily customizable. I mean yeah, I can get ringtones from Verizon and set that to a certain caller ID, however it didn't really let me get ringtones sent to my phone via txt message. Reason why I like that, is because I have a certain tone that rings everytime I get a txt message from someone. It's the "eye-catcher" tune to Azumanga Daioh. Way cute tune and not too long for a tone. And on top of that, the KRAZR had issues with the ringtones I got from Verizon. They wouldn't play after having them for a day, even when I set them to certain Caller IDs. I had to go to Verizon store the next day to basically get a new phone because it wasn't working. So I was gonna give the KRAZR another chance. Redownloaded all the ringtones I had. Called customer care to get the ringtone credit. Then once again, the same problem, more or less. Ringtones werent' working. A certain ringtone I was trying to download, was corrupted. I had to contact tech support to let them know. Basically throughout the whole week, the KRAZR was a pain in the ass.

So come Friday, I was like "F*** this". I took off early and went to Verizon and traded for the LG 8600. A much better phone. Only thing so far that I miss from my old LG, I was able to save notes to contacts, because on a lot of them, I had mailing addresses. Also I don't have personalized txt message tones, but I'm at least happy I was able to send me the Azumanga Daioh tone and apply it to be my txt tone. Another weird thing, I don't think my phone is speaker phone capable. Which is very odd. Most phones have that, and to think that my new phone doesn't is weird, but at the same time, isn't really a big deal because I barely use speaker phone as is. So all in all the LG 8600 is a good buy. Just had to spend an extra $30 for it, which is still a good deal.

So yeah, I gots a new phone. Love it. It's sleek, thin, and light. Too bad it's black, wouldn't mind a more feminine color, but black will do.

Valentine's Day:

Didn't really want to go out on this day. As much as I am anti-Valetines Day, when you actually have someone to share it with, you become less anti-Vday. ^^;; I mean I don't like the fact that it's basically a commercialized holiday to make people buy stupid flowers, balloons, candy, jewelry, etc. But I basically went up to see Jeremy. We made dinner together. He's been hankering to try to make the Chinese Mushroom Chicken dish, and got basic instructions from my father and oyster sauce from my mother. I got a few more ingredients and a recipe online, in hopes to help give more direction. The dish turned out to be pretty good, however, some of our vegetables (broccoli & zucchini got a bit too mushy), but we'll have to try out that recipe again, and next time not to forget the garlic and ginger. We watched Fearless and just hung out.

It was kinda funny though, because by the time I go to his place, I was pulling into his complex and saw he was pulling out of the office area. I drove after him and as I parked and got out and started walking towards him, I couldnt' help but notice a red heart balloon hovering in his car. Then I saw him stuffing something under his jacket, and he looked at me, and I then pointed to his appartment and just started walking. He was basically trying to hide the present he got me. He got me a Wii sling bag, so I can easily transport my Wii to and from his place. However, I had to return it because it wasn't that big and honestly coudln't hold all that stuff. Plus one of my big grandma purses seems to hold my Wii w/ adapaters, games, 2 each of the Wii-mote, nun chuck, & classic controllers and even the Zelda strategy guide perfectly to transport. We did see a nice big Wii holder at Fred Meyer for $40, so I might drop some money on that if I ever decide I might need it. For my present for Jeremy I got him a wireless Xbox 360 controller because he only had one controller, and I figured he needed more. But it was cute to get the present because he was trying to be all sly, and I kinda made it hard because I arrived before he was ready.

He got me a really cute card, as I did for him. So all in all a great Valentines day. ^_^

Oh yeah, he also got me a turtle mount for WoW which I already redeemed on my Blood Elf Mage. I have pics uploaded to photobucket, but retardedly enough, my work has decided to block photobucket and I am have to find another site to host my blog images.

/wrists

I'll post pics eventually.

surgery anniversary:

02/07/06, it has been a year since I had my gastric bypass surgery. I went in yesterday for my yearly follow-up at Virginia Mason. I have lost 108lbs since then. Yeah it's a lot, but at the same time, I know I could have lost more, if I had exercised on a regular basis. But still losing 108lbs is freaking insane when you think about it, from not really exercising. I still can't believe it's been a year already. I still have a hard time realizing how much has changed and how much I've changed, physically and mentally.

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and can't believe it. I am still not satisfied where I am at, and ideally would like to lose 30-50 more pounds, and will be totally fine with 30. I need to kick my ass more and get to the gym. >.< But yeah for most part I'm doing great, still need to incorporate more protein in my diet as well as get back into the habit of my vitamins. The thing that sucks the most, is the cost of the vitamins because I need elemental calcium and not the basic calcium vitamins, and that doesn't come cheap, along with some protein supplements, because honestly it can be a chore making sure I get my 60g of protein a day. I might have to get back into drinking a protein shake a day or something I'll have to figure something out. But my doctor and nutritionist where happy to see I was doing well and I am not gaining any of the weight back. I'd rather DIAF than gain the weight back.

But yeah, it's been a pretty good last week or so.

Saw Ghost Rider on Sunday. Yeah. I should have waited for the DVD, if that. Not too impressed. However, there was a kick ass trailer for 300, which look sexy. I look forward to that movie. Also this weekend, that Jim Carrey thriller, The Number 23 comes out as well as Reno 911: Miami. That looks hilarious. So looks like another movie weekend for me! ^_^

No comments: