Thursday, January 11, 2007

debit card woes

So for New Year's I went to Vegas with my family.

Needless to say it was beyond overrated. Vegas can DIAF. But to get to the main point, I lost my license & my visa check/debit card. It was uber lame. But my check card wasn't used, thank the lord. I called the 800 lost card line and they told me they put a lost/stolen status on the card. I believe that was the 30th.

I get back home. I go to my credit union to order a new card on the 3rd. The teller tells me, my card was never given a lost/stolen status. WTF? So then she told me she'll cancel the card and order me a new one at a $10 charge. The charge I don't mind, the whole it was never put as a lost/stolen, scared the crap out of me.

So it's been over a week, and normally by now I would have already gotten my check card in the mail.

No check card.

So I call my credit union this morning asking on the status. Seems they never reissued me a new card. So they said they did it today. We'll see.

How annoying. T_T I hate not having a check card. I feel so naked without it. I pretty much pay all my bills online using that as well as do any shopping. Now I have to have stupid cash to carry around. I hate carrying around cash because if I lose my wallet, I lose it. No recovery whatsoever. If I were to lose my check card and if it was used, I would be able to get my monies back.

So another week withougt plastic. How weird. I guess I can pay my online bills with e-checks, however it's just annoying.

/boo

2 comments:

Scott said...

Pfft.. I'm sure if you looked really hard, you could probably find something plastic in your room.

Ro said...

LOL.

Oh so true, however I'm pretty damn sure you are damn envious of B.O.B. :P