Wednesday, January 24, 2007

God, let this week get better

So yeah this week has been pretty damn shitty so far. Well it actually started last week, so I guess I can start from there.

So over the last few weeks, I've noticed the deterioration of performance of my car, specifically the acceleration. I was thinking.. "umm.. shit. is this my tranny or my clutch?" So last monday, MLK, my day off, I take it in to KIA to have them check, because I "thought" I had full coverage, bumper-to-bumper warranty. but apparently as I should have known, I do not. Everything but my clutch is pretty much covered. My clutch was/is only covered for the first year/12,0000 miles. Yeah my car is over 2 years old. So it happens that it was my clutch that needs replacing. And the Kia service center quotes me $1500 to replace it. WTF! T_T That's retarded! And I had to pay them $90 to tell me that. Fucking BS. So I pretty much bent over and took it.

But I did not let them fix my car. Fuck that. I knew I could find places WAY cheaper than the price they quoted me. Vultures. Fucking bastards. Anyways, so over the next few days, I'm calling car places, getting quotes. I finally get a quote I like from a place a coworker recommended to me. They quote me at around $600. So I tell them the part I needed so they can order it. So I take it in last Thursday and the part should have came in last Friday morning and should have been repaired by later that afternoon.

So I call Friday to check on the status. Apparently the clutch kit they ordered was the wrong one. It was for a different sized engine. WTF. I basically gave them the engine car info from the invoice I got from Kia. Yeah. They were wrong, Kia that is. So they had to order the part which was coming from California. And it would take 3 days to get there, so making that Tuesday be the earliest it would arrive.So I accept that fact, it was mistake on mine and kia's part for giving them the wrong specs of my car for the part that they needed to order.

Come Tuesday, I give them a call on Tuesday, and still no car part. They said they "should" have it by Wednesday. so I call them this morning, still no part yet, however it might arrive later on today. FACK FACK FACK FACK FACK! >,< I want my effing car. I hope to God that it comes in today and I can get my car back. I want my car before tomorrow because I don't want to use my parents car going up to Kent to see Jeremy and I will be going there tomorrow because it's our 6 month-aversary and he's taking me out to dinner and what not.

On top of my stupid car issues, I've been feeling under the weather. I've had a recent rash of headaches lately. And normally, I don't get headaches, so I've been drugging myself with aspirin and tylenol, and for some reason, yesterday, my headache would not go away. When I got home, I felt better and throughout the night, I was fine. When I wake up this morning I was feeling fine, but right when I get to work.. BAM.. headache. So yeah. I took some aspirin and that seems to be doing the trick. So, so far.. so good..

Another thing, last night, I was taking a nap in my recliner and I hear this weird sound from behind me. A dripping sound. Immeadiately I was like "Oh no...please not again"...

*Quick backstory*
About 2 months ago, similar situation, I was in my recliner taking a nap, and I hear a dripping/raining sound that was pretty loud. I go to investigate and apparently the vent in my bathroom was leaking..wait.. not leaking having a FUCKING DOWNPOUR! So I'm freaking out, trying to find towels and bowls to collect the water. I page maintenance and by the time they got there, the leaking stopped. Basically my upstairs neighbor took a late shower and a pipe burst which caused the leak. They fix it the next day..

So back to the main story, I heard a drip, fear rushing into my mind, I turn around, my sink was overflowing with water. I quickly get up and get all the towels I had to preven the water from spreading, however part of my carpet got wet. I then page maintenance and had to wait half and hour for them to come and fix it. And more than likely my upstairs neighbor had another late shower, I'm pretty sure they did because I heard the water pipes running. So yeah, it was late at night, around 10:30 getting my sink fixed. /sigh I'm getting really annoyed now at the water leaks going on in my apt. I called my apt. office and asked them to make sure there aren't any broken pipes, because I don't want this shit happening again, esp if I'm away for the weekend with my boyfriend or whatever. So hopefully they'll find out what's going on.

So yeah.. so far a pretty fucking shitty week. I want my fucking car fixed. My apartment is leaking and I've been getting headaches. All I am looking forward to is seeing Jeremy on Thursday so we can celebrate our monthaversary and this weekend of being with him and having it just "us" and not "us and his friends". Planning on going to Seattle and just hanging out, window shopping and various things. I hope the weather will be good..


/sigh.. one more day..

No comments: