Monday, January 29, 2007

weekend wrap up

Been meaning to post this, but work has me busy, which is a good thing. (Yay for job security!)

Anyways, I had a very busy weekend.

Friday, from what you saw, I was on the quest for a Wii as well as excrucitingly waiting for my car to get fixed.

So I was calling various Gamestops, EB Games, Game Crazies, Targets, Fred Meyers, Walmarts, Sears, K-Marts..etc.. After so many calls.. I finally call a Game Crazy in Auburn. (For those who aren't Washingtonians, that's like 30mins away from me) Pretty much hearing the same spiel of "Thank you for calling *name of store* where we buy and sell used games/where you can reserve your copy of *new awesome title coming out* how may I help you?"

I then ask, "Do you have the Wii?" and pretty much all of them say "no". But when I called this Game Crazy in Auburn, I decided to say something different. I replied to them after they answered the phone, "I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no', but do you have the Wii?"

They then replied, "Yes. We do." "Come again?" I replied. I did a double take. I was like.. "Wait a minute, you have a Wii in stock?" They answered "Yes we got 4 in today?"

ZOMG! O_O I couldn't believe it. I found the Wii. So I asked if they hold them and they said no, so I told them I'm on my way. I take time off work, head to the credit union to get monies. As I was leaving the credit union, I called them back, begging and pleading my case that I was coming from 30 mins away, taking time off work to go get the Wii and if they could hold one for me, I would have their babies. They said, if you get an MVP account with us, sure. It was only $20 plus I get a magazine subscription, so I was like, if that's what it takes.. sure.

I haul ass to Auburn, and the directions that Mapquest gave me, blowed serious goats. I think I'm just gonna use Yahoo Maps from now on. Because the directions they gave me were just lame. But anways I found it. I got the Wii, plus an extra Wii remote & nun chuck, and picked up Zelda: Twilight Princess. ^_^

My epic journey for the Wii had come to an end. Funny that I had a similar epic journey/quest for the DS a few weeks ago. It's like whenever it comes to certain nintendo products, I have to end up going on some epic quest. I hope this isn't the case for future release titles. If that's the case, I'll make sure to reserve a damn copy.

From what I saw the only titles that really tickle my fancy is Mario Galaxies which comes out in April and ZOMG.. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles : The Chrystal Bearers in December! I sooo look forward to this game. I'm sure Wooko, Chris, & Pete will be down for some multiplayer FF:CC-fu. And before that the DS version of FF:CC will be coming out as well. I believe that's in May. So that will be fun to play too multiplayer, hopefully with the guys.

Ok so after getting the Wii in Auburn, I haul ass back to Lakewood, because by the time I go there, I figure my care should be done and I had to go get my mom to help me pick it up. And it's as if everything was falling into place. Exactly when I get off the exit to my work to get my mom, Lakewood Transmission calls me to tell me my car is done. Yay!

So I finally have my car! And oh how it works like it used to! So yay! Ran various errands aftwards and headed towards Kent to hang out with Jeremy for the weekend.

That evening watched Smoking Aces with Jeremy. It was a fun movie, IMO. Wasn't great or epic or ZOMG you have to watch this movie. A lot of funny moments and overall enjoyable.

Saturday, went to Seattle. First went to the international district to Uwajimayas. Ate some lunch and did some yummy asian snack shopping and got Hana Kimi 15 & Kare Kano 21 at Kinokuniya.

Then we headed to the Seattle Center to park there cuz it's cheap, and took the monorail to Pacific Place for window shopping. Heading to Pike's Place because there was a store near there called Swerves that a used CD/DVD place. Picked up Finding Nemo & Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, to replace my collection of movies because a so-called rat bastard ex boyfriend, *cough*Brien*cough*, took them from me. Got yummy gelato and went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co and got a caramel dipped apple with cinamon on it. It was muy delicioso when I ate it on Sunday. We then headead back to Pacific Place area, went to Borders to check out the books then ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory again. Couldn't help it, they have such yummy food. After that headed back to Seattle Center and went home.

So as we got home, we hooked up the Wii. And started playing Wii Sports.

OMG...

I am embarrassed to say, I am now sore from playing Wii Sports. From playing Boxing, Bowling, Tennis, & Baseball, I kinda over exerted myself with the swinging of my right arm. I think my lats and trapezius are the most sore right now. I'll have to make sure to stretch before I play Wii Sports again. LOL. But yeah I totally pwned Jeremy in Boxing, Tennis, and Bowling.

/flex

Sunday ran various errands at Walmart. Jeremy had his friends come over. We played some WoW TCG w/ the Onyxia Raid deck. We finally beat Onyxia, but we had to implement some house rules.

Anyways, it was a very busy and very fun-filled weekend. I just look forward to going home soon and playing some Wii, watching Samurai 7, & a brand new Heroes tonight! ^_^

No comments: