Friday, January 12, 2007

The epic journey for the Pink DS Lite

Like I stated in previous posts, I would tell the story of the pink Nintendo DS lite.

How it all started, I had a white DS lite already and Jeremy had the older model of the DS with the crappy back light. As my usual giving self, I came up with the idea of buying a new DS, a pink one for me, and giving Jeremy my old white one. Of course new DS's cost $140, and I knew I wasn't gonna just shell out all the money for that. So I thought of as a surprise, taking his old DS to gamestop for the trade in value of $40, Jeremy chipping in like $40, and me paying the difference of $60 or so.

So I finally let Jeremy in on this idea, he was ecstatic, and then I remembered one of his friends didn't have a DS, however owned a few DS games, so he sold it to his friend for $50.

Anyways last Friday I go to Jeremy's that evening to begin it what turned out to be a scavenger hunt for the oh so pretty in pink Nintendo DS Lite. We first go out to the local Gamestop, hang out there for a bit, talk to the clerks about games, WoW, WoW TCG, various stuff and assuming they had DS's in and seeing the display boxes out I ask them for a Pink DS. They unfortunately have been sold out and informed me the next 2 local Gamestops were sold out as well. I ask them why in the hell did they have the display boxes out if they didn't even have them in stock, they informed me it's corporate policy.

Fuck corporate policy. That's so false advertising and just a big fucking cock tease beyond a reasonable doubt. T_T

So then I call a Walmart, in hopes they had it in stock. The first Walmart I call, just happened to have one Pink DS in stock, I ask them if they can hold it for me. The clerk told me they usually don't do that, but he'll hold it for me. I get his name and tell him we're on our way. This Walmart happened to be like 15-20 mins drive. It took about 25 mins because it was pretty damn windy and rainy that night.

This Walmart as usual, was packed as fuck. So we go straight to the game section. And they had a long line. I try getting a sales associate asap to ask about the Pink DS. Seems right when we ask them to open the display case so we can get the pink DS, the associate tells us that they just sold their last pink DS. I was like WTF!? So I complain vehemently to them which was pretty much a waste of fucking time because why would asstard minimum wage clerks give a rat's ass if I was happy or not. So I call the next local Walmart to see if they had any in stock. Nope. No love there either.

So Jeremy and I were back at square one. Luckily where were at, there was a decent number of stores in the vicinty that sold gaming electronics. But first we decided to grab some dinner because we were hungry type peoples. So as we brave it through the nasty rain and wind, we grab some Arbys. As I'm at Arbys, I took that time of sitting down and called 3 Best Buys, 2 Walmarts, 4 Gamestops, 3 EB Games, 2 Targets, 2 Fred Meyers, & 2 Kmarts, to see if they had no DS lites in stock.

Cock blocked. /sigh /wrists Apparently it was too early for the stores to recover from the holiday sales. /poop

So again, at square one. It was getting late. As we were driving, we passed by the local mall, and I happened to notice Sears. I think to myself "Hey Sears sells games and electronics, let's try that" with one last iota of hope left in me. So we go to the mall with 5 minutes left till closing. In one direction was an EB Games I haven't called, so Jeremy and I split up. I go to EB Games, he goes to Sears. Too bad the place we entered the mall, both locations were at the opposite ends. So I then start running, hauling ass, seeing all the shops closing up, praying to whatever gaming gods there were in this world to have EB Games still open and having a Pink DS lite for sale.

I made it to EB Games. Panting heavily, I ask if they had any Pink DS Lites. The clerk then answers. "Yes we got some in today, but we already sold out". NOOOOO!!! FFS NOOOO!!!Was I cursed or something?! Don't fucking cock tease me for a split second with answering me "Yes" then say you dont have anymore. For 2 seconds my face lit up then was crushed in heartbeat.

I then get a call from Jeremy. Lost all hope already, I pretty much thought he was calling me to say Sears didn't have any either. He says, "They have one last Pink DS here. Get here now" ZOMG! ZOMG! I then say "I'm on my way" hang up, and run like a bat out of hell from one end of the mall to the other to get to Sears.

I made it in time before they closed the doors. Run upstairs seeing Jeremy holding the Pink DS Lite with a smile. I'm panting and smiling. :D The gods finally showed me mercy.

What was amusing was how Jeremy was describing to me how he came upon it. As he was also running to Sears, he goes upstairs and goes to the gaming section. And like out of a dream, a heavenly light seemed have shown itself on a glass case. A heavenly tune sang, and there it was, sticking out, shining so brightly, the Pink DS Lite. Like it was a prophecy, some sort calling. Like we were meant to buy that DS from Sears. It was meant for me. It was destiny!

So after 3 hours of searching, calling, I got my Pink DS Lite! ^_^ I also got a Yoshi game case holder. Pics below. So the epic journey of finding the Pink DS Lite shall always be remembered and I will always treasure it's pretty pinkness and adore it and love it forever!

The End

My pretty in pink DS Lite! You know you love it! And notice the game I have on. Animal Crossing Wild World = <3


My pretty Yoshi game case! Yoshi is just too damn cute!

No comments: